What does Ofsted say about Silks Farm Nursery School?
Silks Farm Nursery School in Somersham is an Ofsted Registered children's nursery and currently has a "Good" rating from Ofsted.
Our 2014, Ofsted review highlighted a number of strengths that both the management team and staff at Silks Farm Nursery School help to maintain.
Below are some of the key findings highlighted in our recent Ofsted Report:
- Strong partnerships and effective communication between parents and nursery staff help to ensure children's care and learning needs are very well met.
- Staff use their teaching skills well to motivate and engage children in their learning experiences, which supports their good progress.
- Children are protected from harm because managers and staff have a thorough understanding of safeguarding and child protection procedures.
- Children's progress in communication and language is very good, due to purposeful conversations with skilful staff and ample opportunities to explore stories, songs and rhymes.
- Children's healthy growth is supported well through nutritious home-cooked meals and snacks.
Our Message To Parents
Our management team and nursery staff are fully committed to developing and raising the standard of the care and education we provide to children at Silks Farm Nursery School, and we are very proud of the progress the nursery has made since our last Ofsted review.
Since our last Ofsted review, the nursery has a new nursery manager and has undergone a full refurbishment, complete with brand-new equipment, and we are delighted to announce that the nursery has recently been awarded the highest possible 'Green' rating from the local council's Early Years team.